The Godzilla Dragon Fruit variety is a hybrid cultivar of dragonfruit that is known for its unique taste, and attractive appearance. This variety was developed through cross-pollination between different species of dragon fruit plants to create a superior fruit with desirable traits.
The Godzilla Dragon Fruit offers numerous benefits to both consumers and growers. For consumers, the fruit is a rich source of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, particularly vitamin C, B vitamins, and potassium. It also provides dietary fiber, which supports digestive health. The unique taste and texture of this sort make it a delicious and nutritious addition to a balanced diet.
|Flesh color:||Dark purple|
|Weather tolerance:||4 out of 5|
|Fruit production:||4 out of 5|
|Flavor:||5 out of 5|
|Growing:||4 out of 5|
For growers, the Godzilla Dragon Fruit’s fast growth and adaptability to various climates make it a potentially lucrative crop. Its size and vibrant appearance can attract a premium price in specialty markets and farmers’ markets. Additionally, the plant’s hardiness and low maintenance requirements make it an appealing choice for both experienced and novice growers.
But everything must be in moderation. So for the first time, aim special attention to the condition of the plant, because there are precedents that it froze or, conversely, received sunburn in full sun.
- Color: The skin of the round Godzilla Dragon Fruit is purple, and the dark tips of the fins curl outward, making the fruit look like a flower. The pulp is also dark purple. It tastes like a cross between the Natural Mystic and the Surinam Red.
- Taste: The fruit tastes sweet and tropical and is juicy.
- Nutrition: Like other dragon fruit varieties, this pitahaya is rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, particularly vitamin C, B vitamins, and potassium. It is also a good source of dietary fiber, which supports digestive health.
- Stems and flowers: The stems are strong and look greenish-gray. The pistils and stamens of the flowers are different from those of other dragons fruits. The plant can make its own pollen.
- Growth: Plants are typically fast-growing and hardy, making them suitable for a variety of climates. They are a type of cactus that requires plenty of sunlight and well-draining soil to thrive. They can be grown in pots or directly in the ground and are often trellised for support as they can become quite heavy when laden with fruit.
- Harvest: Dragonfruits typically reach maturity between 6-8 weeks after flowering, with the fruit ready to harvest when the skin has developed its vibrant color and the scales have begun to lift slightly. The fruit should be picked by twisting or cutting it from the stem, taking care not to damage the plant.
- Availability: “Japanese Godzilla” pitahaya variety may not be as widely available as other dragon fruit varieties, but it can be found in some specialty markets, farmer’s markets, or through online retailers that offer exotic fruit. You may also be able to purchase cuttings or seeds to grow your own plant at home.
The Godzilla Dragon Fruit variety is a remarkable example of successful cross-pollination, resulting in a fruit with a unique combination of size, taste, and nutritional value. Its adaptability to different climates and low maintenance requirements make it an attractive option for growers, while its taste and health benefits appeal to consumers.